Summer Showcase Vendor Application
Welcome to the Summer Showcase 2023 New Vendor application process. Thank you for your interest in our showcase.
Please read the following information before starting the application process.
This application is for vendors who DO NOT currently sell at Summer Showcase.
We will accept applications for review UNTIL Friday, May 12, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed on a continuous 3-week cycle as follows:
WEEK 1: Your application received between Sunday and Saturday
WEEK 2: Your application will be reviewed on Friday of week 2
WEEK 3: Notice of your application status will be sent by Friday of week 3
All applicants will be notified of the application status via their Marketspread account.
For ACCEPTED applicants, your notice of acceptance will include next steps.
For DENIED applicants, your notice of denial will ask if you are interested in being directed to other markets looking for vendors in your product category.
HOW TO APPLY TO BE A VENDOR
1. Review the 2023 Summer Showcase policies and procedures
2. Fill out the online application.
a. First, you must have a Marketspread account to apply to Summer Showcase: Go to farmspread.com, click “Register”, fill out the form, and click the “Register” button.
b. Once you have registered, select “Create a Vendor Profile” and fill in your business information on the next page.
c. Once your vendor profile is created, apply to sell at Summer Showcase by going to this page. Click “Sell here” and then on the next page select “Apply to market”. Fill out the application and select “Submit application” at the bottom of the page. You’ll receive an email to confirm your submission!
3. Samples are to be submitted only upon request by Market Manager at a scheduled time.
Your application is not considered complete and will not be considered until all required documents and attachments are received.
Become a Street Performer
What is a Street Performer?
· A musician, who plays an instrument.
· An artist, who draws a sketch.
· A performer who sings.
· A performer who conducts an act of magic, acrobatic skill, or comedy.
Become a Street Performer
We welcome street performers of all kinds to create a joyous spirit throughout our market. Performers have their opportunity to showcase their talents for thousands of visitors of all ages, ethnicities, and localities.
Rules for Street Performers
- Street performers must be at least 12 years old. Minors must be accompanied by a parent/guardian.
- Performance timeslots are one (1) hour long, beginning on the hour from 8 AM – 3 PM each Saturday.
- Performers with amplification are allowed in Space A only.
- Performers may reserve a maximum of two (2) timeslots per Saturday. Each timeslot must be for a different location.
- Performers are not allowed in or under any shed or building, or to interfere with vendors or customers.
- Performers must comply with all direction from market management. Failure to do so will result in termination of your timeslot card and removal from the market.
- A performance group should not exceed three people unless you get written permission from Eastern Market Partnership (EMP). For permission, contact email@example.com. All street performers must submit an online application.
Applying to be a Street Performer
- Complete an application form at the following link, Busker Application.
- Street performers will need to go to the Information Desk inside of Shed 5 to receive a timeslot card on the day of performance on a first-come, first-served basis for our Saturday market.
- Buskers are allowed two one-hour timeslots per Saturday. Each timeslot must be for different locations. Let staff know what location and timeslot you want, and a card will be given to you. Timeslot cards must be visible at all times.
Contact us with any questions about street performance at Eastern Market.